The Westin Grand Munich Hotel | Unforgettable Weekends in Munich
Start your city trip to Munich now
The city of Munich is well known as a popular destination for travelers from all around the world. Here you’ll find inspiration for your own individual experience of this beautiful city. The Westin Grand Munich Hotel is just perfectly located to explore the city's most important sights.
Munich, as state capital of the Free State of Bavaria, is full of apparent paradoxes - and exactly this makes it a magnet for guests from all around the world. Discover some our picks that are worth a visit. Moreover our concierges on property make it easy for you to discover Munich with more city tips.
Sigths you shouldn't miss.
- Churches: Frauenkirche, Asamkirche, Alter Peter, Theatinerkirche
- Chinesischer Turm beer garden and Eisbach wave at the English Garden
- Odeonsplatz & Feldherrnhalle
- Olympic Stadium
The perfect day.
- have a good night's rest in our Heavenly® bed
- traditional "Weißwurst" (white sausage) breakfast at the famous Viktualienmarkt
- Stroll through the districts Maxvorstadt/Schwabing and pass the museums and University district
- head towards the English Garden and have a break at the Chinesischer Turm beer garden as well as at the Monopteros
- enjoy the sunset on the steps of the Glyptothek and marvel at the beautiful Königsplatz
Art & Cultural Spots.
- Pinakothek museums and museum Brandhorst at the museums district (on Sundays the admission is at € 1)
- Lehnbachhaus at Königsplatz
- Hypo Kunsthalle at Fünf Höfe
- Haus der Kunst at the English Garden right next to the Eisbach wave where you can watch the city surfers
- Museum Villa Stuck at the picturesque Haidhausen, adjancent of Bogenhausen
The Bavarian Capital at a Glance
We are located in the district of Bogenhausen. The English Garden is within walking distance and the city centre is easily reachable by public transport within a few minutes.
- Munich Airport (MUC)
- Sheraton Munich Arabellapark Hotel
- District Haidhausen
- English Garden
- St. Peter's Church
- Haus der Kunst Museum
- Pinakotheken Munich
- Main Train Station Munich
- Subway Station Arabellapark
- The world famous Maximilianstrasse
- Viktualienmarkt - farmers market
How To Get Here
Bavarian getaway in Munich
"Servus" and welcome to Munich. Visit the Bavarian state capital and learn more about the Bavarian way of life! Spend your next getaway in Munich and visit one of the city's most popular attractions.
Our offer for you includes:
- 2 nights stay
- Rich breakfast buffet
- Late Check-Out until 4 pm
- One-day-ticket for public transportation
- Ticket for one of the following attractions in Munich:
Bavaria Filmstadt (Bavarian film park), Tierpark Hellabrunn (Zoo), FC Bayern Erlebniswelt (FC Bayern football museum) or Deutsches Museum (German museum)
Book now from € 189 per night and discover Munich!
Terms & Conditions
© 2017 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc
WHEN IT COMES TO LEISURE MUNICH IS A TRUE WORLD CHAMPION.
Play Well - at the Allianz Arena
Numerous international companies and world-wide corporations, such as BMW and Siemens, have their headquarters here; the legendary German football clubs FC Bayern Munich and TSV 1860 Munich play in the futuristic Allianz Arena; and more than 40 museums and 70 galleries attract culture lovers to the city.
Experience Munich's culture
A visit to a beer garden must, of course, be included or you could visit one of the large monasteries such as Andechs Abbey or Benediktbeuern Abbey. Most Bavarian monasteries have a beer garden or pub attached, so these things can easily be combined!
Feel Well in Munich
Be sure to visit the Englischer Garten park, one of the largest city parks in the world - larger even that New York's Central Park and London's Hyde Park. It contributes sizeably to the fact that leisure time in Munich is always highly valued. In the middle of the centrally located Englischer Garten flows the Isar River and its tributaries, like the Eisbach. The more adventurous practice surfing here or go swimming in the cold water. Even fly-fishers can be seen up to their bellies in the Isar in the early mornings.
Munich also has excellent public and private clinics, which attracts an international clientele. You should be sure to leave yourself enough time to make an excursion to the regions surrounding Munich. For example visit one of the beautiful lakes such as the Chiemsee, Ammersee, Tegernsee or Starnberger See.